“I wish I would’ve had this information before making my choice on where to get my DPT!”
This is the quote we often hear from members of FitBUX and attendees of our student loan workshops. We get this response because the average student loan debt for Fresh PTs is approximately $140,000. On top of that, there are nine different repayment options for Federal loans. You must decide which one is best for you and most importantly how does that repayment plan compliment your other goals such as doing a residency, starting a family, buying a house, etc…
There used to be no easy way for a perspective DPT student to analyze various DPT programs, the cost to attend those programs, and the financial impact of their choices post-graduation. In response, we at FitBUX decided to customize a solution for Pre-DPT students.
Our technology combined with our new service gives future DPTs the ability to:
- Compare tuition costs for each program based on our cost-to-income rankings for every DPT program in the country;
- Compare how much more in student loans you may have use to cover the cost of living for each DPT program;
- Easily compare the impact of various student loan debt levels on your financial future based on the area of practice you want to work in as well as the location you would like to work;
- Understand the impact of your student loans on career and personal goals;
- Evaluate what repayment choices will be available to you and how to maximize them; and
- Make a good decision today and prepare for the future.
We consistently hear recent graduates explain to us how their student loans are dictating what jobs they have to take post-graduation and how they have to postpone life events such as having children. The goal of our technology along with this new service is to help future PTs make an informed decision. Thereby having less stress post-graduation in regards to their finances so they can concentrate on what really matters to them.